“When at first you don’t succeed, try try again.” — Frederick Maryat
In 2018, I resolved to read one book each month, but I came up short reading only nine. I accomplished my second resolution of entering a writing contest. I didn’t win, but it was worth the effort to prove I could complete a story by the deadline.
My most ambitious resolution of writing a minimum of 5,000 words each week for three months to complete my 65,000-word manuscript also came up short. I wasn’t even close. I realized my problem is that I tend to edit as I go. This prevents me from getting my rough draft completed.
This year I’m writing a To Do List instead of a List of Resolutions.
1) Read a minimum of one book a month.
2) Write 600 words a day without editing.
3) Organize my clothes closet by the second week of January.
4) Organize my linen closet by the end of January.
5) Organize the pictures on my computer and delete the unwanted ones.
What is your New Year’s list of things you wish to accomplish?
Very ambitious goals.
Thank you, Kook-Wha. Yesterday I wrote over 900 words.